Nike Crater Impact is part of our sustainability journey to transform trash into shoes that tread a little lighter. Made from at least 25% recycled material by weight, it brings in unique design choices that reduces waste when compared with traditional methods––like an embroidered swoosh, efficient overlays and of course its Crater foam midsole.
- Lifted Crater foam midsole is made from 12% recycled content, adds stability and has a unique speckled appearance.
- The upper's thoughtful and modern design includes straight-edged overlays for construction efficiency and scrap waste reduction.
- Made with at least 25% recycled material by weight.
- 1-piece webbing eyestay mixes DIY flavor with an urban touch while adding to the pattern-efficient build.
- The track-inspired silhouette features sleek angles and a padded, low-cut collar for easy styling that's comfortable.
- Mesh on the upper keeps it airy and lightweight.
- Stitched-on Swoosh design adds a wild, zebra-like aesthetic and keeps with the efficient design.
- Rubber details on outsole feature 15% Nike Grind and add traction and durability
- Embroidered Swoosh design
- Laces made from 100% recycled polyester
- Accurate fit
- Prolonged break-in time
- Mediocre breathability
- Style: Sporty,Chunky
- Top: Low
- Inspired from: Running
- Collection: Nike Grind
- Closure: Laces
- Material: Mesh,Rubber Sole/Fabric
- Season: Spring,Summer
Who should buy the Nike Crater Impact
This sneaker might create an impact on you if:
- you go for spacey kicks that are comfy and stable
- your budget for chunky sneaks isn't above $100
- you are eyeing sustainable Nike shoes
Who should NOT buy it
This shoe won't work for you:
- If you want a futuristic kick that's well-ventilated. Check out the Nike Space Hippie 04.
- If you opt for less chunky but eco-friendly kicks, see other Nike Grind options.
Look good and do good with the Nike Crater Impact
TheBeaverton-based companyslowly outfits some of its classic profiles with recycled materials as part of its Move to Zero campaign. Alongside theNike Air Force 1 CraterandNike Waffle Racer Crater, Nike constructed another silhouette dubbed the Nike Crater Impact. Aiming to lessen the carbon footprint, the Nike Crater Impact is another entry to Nike's sustainable products.
Made with ozone-friendly key features
This running-inspired sneaker brags its robust construction and environmental-friendly materials. Here are some of its essential specifics:
Its uniquely speckled Crater foam is made from waste found on the cutting-room floors, thus reducing waste. It has a slightly sculpted design which is similar to another eco-friendly collection, theSpace Hippie kicks.Its recycledNike Grindoutsole boasts its superb grip and robustness.
The straight-edged overlays aim to reduce scrap and improve construction efficiency.
The Pinwheel logo depicts that this model is made from at least 20% recycled materials.Even its shoebox is made from recycled cardboard and also works as the sneaker's delivery box. Nike did not add tissue wrappers as well to reduce trash.
Chunky but not clunky
Although it looks volumetric, this sneaker is surprisingly lightweight, even lighter than the Nike Air Tuned Max.
Makes you walk confidently
Wearers feel much more balanced while traversing the city pavements thanks to its broad heel base and fabric overlay on its midfoot.
From trash to snazzy shoes
It has an admirable one-of-a-kind repurposed and contemporary style.
Lets you walk with ease
Homey strides are almost always guaranteed with this Nike model. It feels comfortably snug but not tight.
Optimum support when moving longer
It offers tons of support, minimizing ball of foot and heel stress even when walking on concrete the whole day.
Not tightly built or too loose
Though it takes a while for your feet to feel accustomed to this sneaker's fit, manybuyers love how this kick hugs their feet almost perfectly after passing the break-in point.
Not breathable as expected
Although this model is made of mesh, it is fully lined with textile that hampers ventilation.